£27k to £32k pa plus package of up to £5k study support and time for study leave.
C-Capture designs world-leading chemical processes for the capture of carbon dioxide.
C-Capture has patented a unique, solvent-based technology which offers a safe, low-cost way to remove carbon dioxide from emissions using a post-combustion capture approach. Our technology can help deliver the carbon emission reductions which are essential if we are to avoid the worst impacts of the currently unfolding climate crisis.
C-Capture is a spin-out from the University of Leeds, and recent investors include IP Group, Drax, and BP Ventures. Since the summer of 2018, we have expanded the team from 5 to 24, including a crop of extremely talented recent chemistry and engineering graduates who have quickly established themselves as key members of the technical team. The business systems support team is also expanding as we transition from a mostly R&D based organisation to one on a firmly commercial footing, as we work to deploy our unique technology across a broad range of industrial sectors.
This job position is part of the company growth strategy to expand the financial team and expertise.
To learn more visit: https://www.c-capture.co.uk/
About the role
The Financial Analyst will provide a key finance and business support role, working closely with the CFO, Financial Controller, the executive and other members of the wider business. This is a rare opportunity to join an exciting fast-paced Cleantech scale up at a crucial time.
We will provide you with a competitive salary, and study package for professional accountancy training (CIMA preferred) including study leave. Share options are also available to reward long-term commitment.
Core finance (c50%)
- Production of monthly management reporting – P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows
- P&L and project variance analysis vs budget/prior periods with commentary
- To be the Go-To person for support and use of our accounting system (Xero)
- Produce and monitor Public Grant reports for our public funding streams
- Produce and monitor cost reports for our private strategic partners
- Payroll and expenses reports
- Year-end accounts processes
- Maintenance of commercial and professional contracts and checking to terms in delivery
- Maintenance and security of our record and asset keeping
- Support FC and CFO on all tax work as required
- Implement Approval process / procedures
- Pay bills
- Liaise with bank, suppliers, partners
Core finance (c50%)
- Support weekly finance update for Executive
- Support CFO and FC on Investor Queries as required
- Support CFO and FC on Investment rounds as required
- Support CFO and FC on project funding as required
- Support CFO and FC on financial and non-technical aspects of data room for investors
- Support on ad hoc queries from CFO, Exec
Business support (c 25%)
- Project variance analysis vs budget/prior periods in context of project management systems (PMS)
- Support financial assurance elements of project management system integration with Xero
- Procurement support
- Contract management support
- Interactions as required with wider business – to be the chief point of contact between Finance and the Business both in person and via systems including Xero, PMS and Teams
- Ad hoc project work as required.
- Carbon and climate impact measurement and reporting
- Remaining up to date on work matters both technical and non-technical through training and completion of professional exams
Skills & Experience
- Some accounting or other business-related experience desirable but not essential
- Some SME/ scale up experience desirable but not essential
- Strong Excel and similar package skills
- Some experience of accounting packages including Xero desirable but not essential
- Some experience of Microsoft products including project management systems and Teams desirable but not essential
- Degree educated, numerate/ economic/ business facing discipline
- Part qualified or commitment to embark on professional accountancy qualification (CIMA preferred)
- Desire to develop a career as a professional in a growing company
- Commitment to take on and complete a professional accountancy qualification via study release
- Good attention to detail with an accurate and methodical approach; must be organized and drive clear structure
- Able to hit deadlines and organize dependencies around those deadlines; ability to prioritize workload
- Scale up, can do attitude
- Willingness to learn new systems as required including Xero, PMS, Teams, Vestd, Diligent
- Team player, and happy to interact with all the levels of the business on regular basis
- System and process orientated mindset
- Excited by our cleantech mission
- Able to thrive in a diverse but young corporate culture
Work Hours & Benefits
This is a rare opportunity to join a business at a crucial part of our mission to produce a world leading technology, to help solve one of the biggest problems of the 21st Century. As we are still a comparatively small team you would be able to make a real difference to us, be able to see across the whole business and contribute to our growth and success.
This is a full-time role, with paid study leave and paid tuition as part of the package. We operate on a basis of outputs not inputs and encourage both flexible working and remote working, with the expectation that the majority of work hours will be performed at the Company’s offices.
We have a diverse but young corporate culture and will look to continue that approach in this hire. You will be surrounded by colleagues who want you to succeed and will provide on the job training and mentoring to develop your capabilities and career.
We will provide you with a competitive salary, and study package for professional accountancy training (CIMA preferred). Share options are also available to reward long-term commitment.
How to apply
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and Cover Letter.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 12th November 2021 although we would encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible.