HR Manager (Part-Time c.50%)
Job title: HR Manager
Responsible to: CEO
C-Capture designs world-leading chemical processes for the capture of carbon dioxide.
C-Capture has patented a unique, solvent-based technology which offers a safe, low-cost way to remove carbon dioxide from emissions using a post-combustion capture approach. Our technology can help deliver the carbon emission reductions which are essential if we are to avoid the worst impacts of the currently unfolding climate crisis.
C-Capture was founded in 2009 as a spin-out from the Department of Chemistry at the University of Leeds, and recent investors include IP Group, Drax, and BP Ventures. Since the summer of 2018, we have expanded the team from 5 to 21, including a crop of extremely talented recent chemistry and engineering graduates who have quickly established themselves as key members of the technical team. The business systems support team is also expanding as we transition from a mostly R&D based organisation to one on a firmly commercial footing, as we work to deploy our unique technology across a broad range of industrial sectors.
This job position is part of the company growth and is focused on guiding the company culture.
C-Capture are looking for an enthusiastic individual to take the lead on HR for C-Capture.
Duties to include but not limited to the following:
- Preparing an HR strategy for the company, in consultation with the CEO
- Overseeing recruitment, selection and the onboarding process
- Managing the company’s appraisal process and assisting in appraisal meetings
- Ensuring that a company’s procedures comply with employment regulations
- Managing and training the HR team
- Monitoring various aspects of an employee’s performance, such as attendance and sick leave
- Identifying training needs and career development pathways, then designing and managing the training programs accordingly
- Handling any disciplinary processes and formal grievances
- Reviewing and bench-marking pay structures, employee perks and benefits, preparing recommendations for annual adjustments.
- Identifying people related risks and opportunities, recommending appropriate actions.
- Advising the CEO and Board Remuneration Committee, with recommendations to improve HR strategy.
In return the successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary with pension and other related benefits.
- Flexible working hours to support a healthy work-life balance allowing time to manage personal/family activities around work.
- A creative and stimulating working environment where no two days are the same.
- Company funded personal development and training.
- An opportunity to use your skills to accelerate solutions in the fight against climate change
Salary competitive depending on experience
16 – 24 hours per week. Flexibility to work from home or in the C-Capture office in Leeds as required. You may have to travel occasionally to attend networking events and exhibitions.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com along with your CV and Cover Letter.