IT & Data Services Lead
Usually Monday to Friday
UK Business hours But may require some out of hours and/or weekend work for specific projects.
IT and data services (wide support to all departments, see org chart)
C-Capture Leeds but there may be some scope for some home working dependant upon the projects currently being delivered.
£40k to £50k
25 days, excl. Bank Holidays
As the IT & Data Services Lead you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver the information systems used by the whole business. This covers everything from our core desktop and office systems, through to discipline specific pieces of software, including all the documents and data they generate under the surface.
We’re looking for someone who can explain the business case in a discussion with the senior leadership team but at the same time is capable of leading deep dives to understand a technical challenge with a vendor or solutions provider.
You will be working with some very clever people who are out to change the world for the better, they are often creative in their problem-solving skills and need help to see structured IT as a helper rather than a blocker. You will quickly need to establish their respect if you wish them to actively engage in your way of doing things. Having said that they will openly acknowledge they are not IT experts and will look to you for guidance on what best practice in IT should look like.
It is envisaged that the right candidate will continue their development within the role and as the business expands, they will naturally be able to step-up to develop and manage a small in-house team of IT & Data Services people.
- To architect technical solutions based on the needs of colleagues within an overarching IT and data services delivery strategy
- To contribute to the management and delivery of a successful company-wide IT support provision
- To ensure that the IT and data services across the business are implemented and delivered effectively
- To ensure that IT equipment is available and fit for purpose
- To co-ordinate the maintenance, installation and availability of the IT network(s) and resources
- To support the ongoing development of the company IT and data services strategy
- To act as a consultative sounding board for colleagues as they explore what they need from IT & Data services
- Vendor liaison to ensure appropriate services and service levels are being used by the company
- To advise the members of the senior leadership team of the best value and use of technology throughout company operations
- To ensure that all company data and systems are securely backed up and easily recoverable
- To ensure that equipment, networks, and data (including backups) are adequately secured from attack or accidental damage.
Education and qualifications
- BSc in Information Technology or related degree
- Educated to GCSE including A*-C in Maths and English Language
- IT Environment e.g. MS Azure, Office 365, MS Teams, or other professional qualifications
- Project Management qualification
IT & Data Services
- Experience of creating technical designs and project plans for a wide range of IT and Data Services projects
- Experience in a scientific or engineering based organisation
- Experience supporting a range of changing technologies
- Experience of delivering secure solutions
- Experience working with third party contractors and solutions providers to create, deliver and support IT & Data Service solutions
- Ensure that the company is compliant with internal processes and procedures and capable of meeting and exceeding external audit standards (e.g. Cyber Essentials Plus)
- Previous experience in an ICT helpdesk/ICT client support role
- Experience creating clear, concise, and professional user guides, knowledge base articles and technical reference guides
- Understanding of when an incident/problem needs to be escalated to call upon the next level of support
- Microsoft Teams & SharePoint
- Microsoft OneDrive
- MS Azure environment
- Active Directory Design and Administration
- Power BI
- Office 365
- MS PowerApps design and delivery experience
- Document Management Solution experience
- Autodesk CAD/CAM Solution experience
- Xero Accounting software experience
- Some programming experience in Python or C# would be a real bonus
- You must have the ability to create and assign tasks within a project delivery environment monitoring and supporting the people delivering those tasks
- You must be able to have challenging conversations whilst remaining assertive without becoming aggressive in your tone or posture
- Experience of coaching users of varying levels of IT knowledge through the delivery of IT centric projects
Skills and abilities including approach to the role
- Clear and concise with the ability to work both on your own and as part of a team to achieve agreed deadlines
- Approachable, confident and articulate. You will need the ability to convey technical issues/resolutions to users with a varying level of IT knowledge
- Analytical and methodical
- Ability to prepare and present solutions including the business case for the proposed solution both remotely and in person
- Ability and willingness to take ownership of tasks and effectively lead other team members to overcome challenges
- The willingness to share knowledge with team members, superiors and users in ways they find accessible and usable
- Owner of a car/vehicle, the ability to travel between sites as required
- Ability to change priorities quickly as required by line manager or organisational challenges as they arise
How to apply
Please email email@example.com along with your CV and Cover Letter.